Saturday, July 29, 2006

I will go through the valley, if you want me to.

God will be there. When everyone else walks away, he stays. He knows all parts of you. The parts of me that feel broken, the parts that feel so grown up, and the parts that no one else even has had a glimpse of yet. And he likes all of me. Every bit. He constantly waits and looks for me everyday to share more of myself with him. He asks me to trust him and to be his child. He asks me to be a woman of courageous faith, and to walk down this new path with him. He promises to hold my hand. He promises to give me just enough. He knows I will make it. He knows how large my heart is, and that it hurts sometimes. He knows how much I love wild roses growing outside, and that my hands are so little. Taking me in closer and closer he holds me. Gently urging me on with only the kindness a father can show, he tells me to go forth into the unknown. He asks me to take risks, and he asks me to listen, be quiet and still and other times beckons me to stir fire. He reminds me of my unique beauty, the gentleness, the quietness, the elegance, the depth of emotions that I can feel. My heart, my eyes, my wanting a family to be a family so badly. He tells me that's beautiful. He tells me every part of me is beautiful. I'm beautiful despite what emotions feels so unme sometimes, he says my heart is of gold. He says Emily look at your capacity to love, look how much you have loved, and look how much you will love with that heart of yours. God tells me in whispers everyday how beautiful I am, he holds my heart and my hand and will walk through the valley or the fire with me. I will walk there God if you want me to. Cause if all of my trials bring me closer to you, then I will walk through the valley if you want me to...

And now for the song that speaks to my heart
Cause I'm not who I was when I took my first step
and im clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet
so if all of my trials bring me closer to you
I will go through the valley if you want me to

No comments: