Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Head

I'm getting really excited about Halloween. Since the weather has changed it really gets me in the mood for all the fall activities you couldn't do otherwise. Plus The Boy has been callling Gibson "Pumpkin Head" because of the orange coloring he has on his noggin. All this has me wanting to carve a pumpkin! Hopefully well do that soon on our date night (which is a made for fun evening after work).

These pumpkins as seen on Martha Stewart are pretty rockin! I'm thinking about these Pumpkin Owls and trying to carve and create one myself. If I do I'll be sure to post results!

So far this week has a) gone by fast and b) been pretty good. The Boy and I said goodbye to my Oma and Opa after spending a week just outside of Gatlinburg, TN. We had the pleasure of exorting them around the Smokey Mountains a bit this weekend, which was just beautiful. Then last night The Boy's company hosted a delicious dinner in celebration of the past year they've had. It was at one of the nicest restaurants in Knoxville. Not only did we have very good filets but the red velvet cake we split for dessert was scrumptious.

I think I was feeling pretty good because I just got my haircut and for only $15.00 total! Thank you Great Clips. In the past I have avoided this place because of fear...but now I think if you get lucky once, maybe it can happen again. So far hair is still bouncy and in tact:)

Now a few more days at work, and then more visitors to town. This weekend The Boy's best friend from college is coming for the football game and festivities, and then next week my best friend and her fiance' will be coming! Can't wait for all this fun! Oh and Pumpkin Head is pretty excited too!


P.S. Remember three things you should never discuss with co-workers: "Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
Thanks Charlie Brown for that tip!

No comments: