The Mr. and I just returned from our wonderful vacation in Savannah, GA. It was **absolutley!!** amazing! We really fell in love with that little city.
1. We walked everywhere all the time. From square to square and secret garden to historic home, hand in hand.
2. The trees are gorgeous. Long oak branches provide a frame for the city. It's as if everywhere you look you are seeing fountains, dogs, and buildings decoupaged by sweeping limbs.
3. The food is delectable. After walking miles all day we certainly rewarded ourselves with decedent meals in little pubs and grandiose homes throughout the city.
4. Dog haven. Savannah loves dogs, and therefore we loved Savannah. There were too many restaurants to count that allowed Fido to come and sit on the patio. Gibson made friends at each corner tree.
5. Charm is Savannah's middle name. Around each corner we discovered a new treasure, perhaps another square with a fountain that the city dwellers basked in when the mercury levels shot up to 99, or the square faces of lions that were actually drain spouts on homes from the 1900s. We got lost in this cities charm.
to be continued...