Saturday, August 18, 2012

Life with Twins - 2 months old

The babies have completely stolen my heart.  I watch them sleeping and cannot wait till they awake so I can squeeze their chubby cheeks, hug, and kiss them.

Now that they have flashed their smiles, it's like a competition between my husband and I to see who can make them smile more.  I have no problem acting like a fool to get my kids to smirk!

I have to say one of my favorite moments is at night with our bedtime routine (we just adopted this routine in the past week).  We feed them, I bath them, get them into their pjs, and then hand them to Dad who is sitting in the rocker with a book in hand.  A little story time, and rocking and we lay them down in their cribs where they drift off to sleep listening to Dad's voice.  What a wonderful way to go to sleep each night! :)

*As a side note on the evening the twins turned 2 months old they slept through the night for the first time aka they didn't wake for a 3am feeding!  They have continued this trend the remainder of the week.  I no longer feel like a walking zombie!! Franklin tries to get up around 5:30am, but we are able to give him his pacifier and he seems to drift back to sleep.  Elizabeth on the other hand is fast asleep many mornings until we get them up at 7am to eat.  Lately we find her with her blankets completely kicked off.

Things to Remember:
- the babies are out of the Swaddlemes, and sleep now with their little arms above their heads.
- Ella loves to be wrapped up in this pink, mink blanket.  It's quite hilarious to see this sweet little baby swaddled in a huge pink blankie.
- We actually put the swing together for the first time this past week
- Franklin loves his bright green monkey and his nose tickled
-Ella's eyelashes have come in, dark brown --- she is gorgeous!









No comments: