Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Portrait of You

We met in a small southeastern corner of the world, but you and I have quickly made a world of our own. A world filled with hard work, laughter, and a beagle pup. From our early days driving around in the white Oldsmobile with the windows down, and good music turned up, you sparked my heart. The days spent planning away conferences, and the nights spent listening to The Dilengers at Elwoods, there would never be anyone quite like you. Not with your taste in music or ability to make me laugh. Not to mention how well you could speak to a crowd.

And even after the time that has passed between us, my heart still skips a beat when I imagine you as mine.



You are the boy with no voice
but the man with actions more powerful then words

The boy who plays in the dirt
but the man who puts in a hard days work

The boy who sings in the car
the man who is a leader at church.

The boy who dances with me in the kitchen
and the man who puts a steady rhythm to my life

The boy who cleans his plate
and the man who cooks by my side

The boy who loves an adventure
the man who makes sure I don't get lost

The boy who rough houses with the dog
the man who cares for me when I am sick

The boy who loves a good live concert
and the man who can analyze the heck out of a number

The boy with many friends
and the man with a great family

The boy who catches my eyes
and the man who has caught my heart

The boy with the freckles
and the man with steady wisdom

The boy I can't imagine being without
and the man who makes me better.

This is you.

No comments: