Monday, September 25, 2006

The 15 year old girl and Piano Man

I found myself next to a piano Sunday afternoon in this large 3.1 million dollar home. And I was singing. Somehow this Piano Man had whisked me back to this place, a place filled with music, and good friends, and a place where I was that 15 again. I was the little girl who turned Frank Sinatra on at age 11, and had my own personal performances from the ledge of the family room which included dancing and singing and an audience of stuffed animals (elephants and bears). As I got older I'd sing on real stages, in front of real audiences, from Hello Dolly to Les Mesirables. And I've loved every minute of it.

Now that I'm 23 (well almost) I can be found dancing around the townhouse, trying to twirl my boyfriend in the kitchen, and singing frequently in the car with the windows down. (FL needs more of me and my happy music making)

But yeah, Piano Man was so amazing -from Elton John to The Eagles. He really rocked the place out.

I was so happy to be making music again. And I can assure you, this won't be the last of it...

No comments: