Friday, June 27, 2008

Pocketful of Sunshine Girl

Music has a way of soothing the beast or waking the spirit. Since I was a wee kid music was part of my life. While I was in mom's tummy her and my father put headphones up to me and said I would kick and make merry. Till this day this they claim is why I know oldies and songs I've actually never heard, but know the lyrics. I'm not quite sure, but it's kind of fun to think about. I'm pretty sure if I ever have a cute little prego tummy one day that I'd like to try it~

But from the endless hours spent rehearing for auditions and musicals to the voice lessons that while fun, were also tough, I consistently had little melodies running through my head. And this morning when I heard the lyrics "pocketful of sunshine" it stuck and I was imagining myself carrying around little bits of sunshine and handing them out on the streets. I'm sure all the cars driving near me, as I sipped from my industrial coffee mug and sang with the windows down received some sort of humor, perhaps resulting in a little bit of sunshine. Yes, a bit of sunshine, like a drive-thru fast sunshine place on your local Pellissippi Parkway.

I'm the girl that hands out sunshine on Fridays, and thinks about pirate dogs before I go to bed. I'm that girl and I like her.

No comments: