Friday, January 08, 2010

Snow Day ****

That's right!!! My office closed here in Knoxville, TN last night!  I'm so EXCITED.  A three day weekend! I'm like a kid!!

We have about 1 inch of snow on the ground BUT with freezing temps its ice everywhere!

Mr. and I tried to go out to IHOP for breakfast this morning, a cute little tradition from childhood on snow days, but alas our neighborhood is made of hills and right now its slick!  We decided to turn around once we realized we'd have to go down these hills and up some others on our way back in.

He's working from home, and I'm bundled up on the couch.  We enjoyed big flaky croissant biscuits (they are like a combination of those two things) with raspberry jam.


But there's something special about this snow.  Check out this picture below.  Seriously, the flakes were like little stars yesterday!  I'm like a kid! With a snow day and full of wonder!

No comments: