Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Journeys and Destinations

A co-worker approached me today, mind you she's in a different department, but she said that she was bored out of her mind and did not feel like she doing or thinking about anything. She said, do you know? And then she asked, do the rest of them care? (referring to her fellow employees in her department) After that we made a few comments that perhaps some are fine with that and may even prefer a job that takes reflexive thinking.

What would you do if you weren't in a job that was intellectually stimulating?

At this point I can only minorly reflect upon one job I had during high school, working at a restaurant, and what a good motivator it served for me to continue my education. In fact many of my jobs up to this point have simply served as motivators for me to continue to advance in my own personal education.

I take this as a blessing. For real style.

Minor newsflash: One more month till I should start hearing from graduate schools...in closing, I recently wrote to an admissions director who had commented on a part of my application. I ended my email saying "I've realized it's more about the journey then the destination."

No comments: