Monday, January 15, 2007

Mayonaise represents poor conditment choice and other Bug lessons.

Socrates said the unexamined life is not worth living, and sooner or later we all must face the question, what does life mean. For some this can be very painful, for others it is their ever driving light.

Many have tried to answer this question through theories, formulas, and the ever loved 10 step guides. Maslow said it was about fufilling human goals and need through a hierachial process. The top rung of the ladder being "self actualization" of course this can never be reached, he said. But it is this very thing that keeps us going.

Carl Jung said that "Wherever there is a reaching down into the innermost experience, into the nucleus of personality, most people are overcome by fright, and many run away....The risk of inner experience, the adventure of the spirit, is in any case alien to most human beings".
And it's been through the past few months that I had my breakthrough lessons. And yeah, when they first occured it felt like I was crashing through a windshield of a car. But I picked the glass shards out and am back behind the wheel. Woo.

1. Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained. It always makes a difference in reducing the amount of judgement on self and others.

2. The only real mistake is the one in which we learn nothing.

3. Mayonaise represents poor condiment choice

4. Hope is invaluable because it portends the best possibilities of the world.
5. For real style is catching on.

6. The only love worthy of a name is unconditional.

7. Everytime I fall down, is one more time I'll get back up. (and i can come back even stronger,improving not only my heart muscle, but my guns too)
8. Oatmeal IS a meal.

9. Love is what wakes me up in the morning, love is what keeps me up at night.
I kick butt.

No comments: