Sunday, October 07, 2007

3 Things to Do Every Day

The stupid Feeling snuck up on me tonight - like a menacing Pinkerton Detective. He didn't need to show his badge. Then Feeling starts to interrogate me, frisks me, searching for joy in my pockets. It's at this point that I pull the club from him and fight him back hitting him over the head with what my priorities are in life. To come back to the true meaning of life, cliche as that is. It's like a healthy dose of reality check. We all have to do this in our own way. For me, as much as I might want it to come through talking, writing really does it. It seems like it's the best way for Feeling to finally hit the road and realize he can't sleep with me tonight.

What do you really, really, really want?

I want to be a woman of God. A woman of grace and strength at the same time. To learn, and seek, and to be a woman of faith and values.

I want to put something beautiful forth in the world each and everyday for the rest of my life. Whether through a small gesture of a smile or holding the door open for an elderly woman, or within my profession - going against the odds to bring change.

I want to create. I want to create new things, systems, structures, and ideas. I want to create in my profession. To speak in front of people, to motivate, inspire, and bring forth new life. I want to learn always. To be open, to meet new people, to mentor and to be mentored.

I want to have a family. I want to raise children in good values, and create a safe, encouraging, and loving environment for them to grow and learn. I want to be a good mother, a great example of strength and faith, and enjoy all that is the miracle in raising children.

I want to be a good wife. To encourage, challenge, and support my partner. I want to play and learn together. I want to dare, risk, and dream to make a great life. I want to be strong in faith together - to raise each other up to our higher selves. I want to be the strong one, when he can't be. I want to be patient, and kind, and loving. I want to be a couple of significance, not just success. That as a couple, when we are together our goodness is even stronger and our ability to bring greatness even brighter.

Happiest moment of the day:
Being told I love you more times then I can count on two hands - and then laughing, laughing about Schitzous and diamond collars.

Focus:
Focusing on the great work I get to do right now and the harvest I am sowing. Great blessings of family, friends, health, and a creative mind. Great love.

No comments: