Sunday, February 10, 2008

Letting Go: The Weight of Words

I talked to Him today, but this time voiced what I had been through over the past 2 years. Told him what I had to process and think about.  It felt good, and he listened.  By the time I hung up the phone though I felt teardrops trapped somewhere between my heart and my eyes.  At first I avoided letting them out. Folding laundry and staying busy was no strength to what needed to let go.  A call from the boy helped a few tears leak out of my eyes.  And then I realized, this was just part of it. A few more tears streamed down my face, the very tears that had collected the words that I didn't share for so long and now had. It was the door opening and the door closing, and the tears had their place too.  And now,...I feel good. And proud of my heart.

No comments: