Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pow Wows, Notecards, and Other Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood

I'm at work - basically one of my last remaining days. I may drop by another day in a week or so to tie up a few loose ends, but this is basically it. I loved having a little corner and niche at this sometimes overwhelming city.

But what I learned most today is that someone should have banged me in the head with a frying pan. I'm not sure what it was that set me off on a little stress tangent at night, and only at night, but whatever did its certainly nothing to cry over. For starters, at a little pow wow the girls and I had this afternoon, they also made me recognize how much I have to be happy about - and reminded me of all that I had already accomplished and will. I also found myself encouraging and even pushing one of the girls a bit about some job stuff, and I again found myself pointing a finger at myself saying - Emily what the hell do you have to be nervous about!? Seriously!

You've landed an awesome job, in the city (an awesome city) that you want to live in, have an awesome relationship, an awesome salary, and now just have to find an awesome apartment and car - and heck that's the easy part right! So what has it been? Perhaps a medical scare and unconscious guilt, but that's certainly not something that's going to stop me from enjoying all of these things I've worked so hard for and are now coming true.

As the little notecard above my desk says "Making the dream HAPPEN!" And guess what, it really is!!!!

No comments: