Friday, July 14, 2006

Sleep Talking

I have to report that over the past 2 or 3 weeks now I've been doing some occasional talking in my sleep. As I recently have acquired a roomate awhile back, she'll enter my room after I've already been sleeping. At that point I will stir and say a few words. It seems that when I am woken by her coming in I'll talk out loud, and I'll be slightly aware of what I'm saying. I'll be drifting in between dream and awake state. It's funny to hear what I'm saying. Most of the I'm usually talking to my staff or my significant other. As someone who doesn't usually remember dreams or dream frequently this is an interesting new phenomena for me.

Since this has been happening fairly often I've been wanting to look up sleep talking and the reasons for it's occurence. This really hasn't ever been an issue for me before, at least not that other roomates, my family, or myself can recall. The research I did clearly shows that stress is a factor in sleep talking. They point out that reducing stress can also help to eliminate these utterances. It's just funny to me, I think I may be working things out during my dreams, things that subconsciously are on my mind and heart. For now, the business of my day will not be able to decrease, but hopefully once I head up to Lake Shelbyville these funny little conversations will dissipate.

I can hear you sing it to me in my sleep.

No comments: