Sunday, August 06, 2006

Decompressing at the Houseboat

What I've been up to so far post my LA summer...

I just had the best weekend ever with my family. Below you will find pics. to help explain our houseboating adventures on Lake Shelbyville. The best part ever there is there are no distractions! (no internet, no tv, hardly any cell phone towers) It's a time for everyone to rest, relax, and play!!!

Here's a pic. of all the cousins doing a giant bubble bath on the water trampoline. How fun is that! So we splashed around on there for awhile and were trying to push each other in the water! Yay for family time and bubbles.



Here's the boat Little Feat. Of course my family also has great taste in music and they named their boat after the awesome band Little Feat since the folks in their family (my cousins) are always running around the boat. Our evenings and afternoons were composed of a little toddlin in the boat, beer, The Who and other great music.

This is a picture of me out on the lake. Check out the beautiful background. Once we moved the boat away from the dock and anchored it in the cove we were surrounded by the forests and trees. We spotted an owl flying over the water. Of course you'll notice I'm wearing my Gallaudet University hat and tshirt. Can't let go of LA that fast....:)


Besides kayaking and swimming, Heidi and I took out Uncle Mark's jet ski one afternoon. What was so funny is that Heidi and I were doing some wave jumping and Heidi yells to me "Emily this makes me nervous!" We drove into a sand bar and switched drivers. I drove back. I am pretty proud of the fact that we never fell off!!

So overall it was a fabulous time. For one thing I know that I love being on water. It's relaxing and a great way to get away and reconnect with nature and your loved ones. So be on the look out for our boat - you'll spot it by the Pirate flag, American Flag, and of course a German flag!

No comments: