Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Wall Street What

A funny thing happened walking out of the door to work today.

The little grandma who lives next door to me (now referred to as LG) poke her head out as if she was waiting for me to leave and says the following

LG: "Oh you're still getting that newspaper huh?" (she's talkign about the Wall Street Journal)

Me: "Yes mam' we are"

LG: "Oh is he ever going to come and back get it to read it?" (He would be my former roomate Mr. Circus Burberry Sweater)

Me: "I read it actually. It's for me. "

LG: "Oh...I see. The Wall Street thing with the numbers and such "

Perhaps women in her day didn't read the Wall Street Journal. This is a new day. I did have a nice little laugh driving to work though, and then proceeded to rip off the plastic wrap and smell my fresh Wall Street. It's the way I start my day now. I should have given her the paper to read! It's a good daily dose!

No comments: