Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Game of Chess. A Choice You Make.


Approach.

Approaching life people often use the metaphor of a game of chess. What are you? A piece, the player, the board? If asked when I was younger, I would have probably pointed to one of the pieces, maybe the royal knight or a humble pawn. As a piece your job is straight forward and to achieve an objective; do well for your team and conquer an enemy and you've won. Othertimes in the past I'm sure I've been the person behind the piece, the mastermind, the personal controlling movements in my force field.

But now, and with practice, I've realized I actually define myself as the board itself. I use the board to show that I frame how I deal and see life around me.

The purpose of naming myself as the board, or for defining how life occurs to me is to give myself the power to tranform each experience or unwanted condition into one that I choose to live. Again, I have the power to change the experience, not necessarily the condition. But by transforming the experience and how I see it, as a result changes occur.

No comments: