Tuesday, June 13, 2006

EM's DC List

This is the first initial list for summer activities in DC to be done during time off!

1. National Geographic Society - cool exhibitions The Gospel of Judas and Temples of the Crusade. I like history, I'll admit it. These sound like very cool exhibits.

2. Rock Creek Park and C&O Canal - they have canoeing there! Enough said. Great for an all day adventure and picnic lunch. Get a group of folks together or even going solo sounds like some rest, relaxation, reflection, and get to be among nature.

3. Catch a show at the Kennedy Center.

4. Hit up the Smithsonian Folklife Festival running from June 30th - July 4th.

5. Go to the Farmer's Market one morning. (fresh flowers).

That's good enough for right now. I've looked up the baseball games, but right now DC seems like the happening place and tickets are sold out or not available at this time. But that could change. Overall I'm feeling really good about the conference ahead. I also like how my personal life here has been evolving; meeting some new really great folks. Also been able to have nice phone chats with someone special each day. I have great faith in this relationship. It's so natural.

Alright, now I am retiring to bed. Busy days ahead. Tomorrow = morning to myself, move, iron, and perhaps get a nice walk or jog in. Afternoon = Prep for day 1, evening = prep staff, grab a good dinner and relax with a movie.

Now I'll leave you with a quote that is upon one of my graduation presents:

"Listen to the compass of your heart: all you need lies within you"

No comments: