Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy Customer. Identity Theft.






Can you have a heart attack at age 22? I speculate. Okay, I didn't have a heart attack, but I did have an interesting conversation this afternoon with a employee of Bank of America. Phone rings while I'm working away in my lovely (and yes it's decorated w/my photography) cubicle, and a strange number appears across the screen. I hesitate for a moment before answering it, and then the voice tells me it's about my account with Bank of America. The man kindly tells me that there's seems to have been odd activity occuring in my account. Apparently folks in Arizona, Iowa, and New Mexico think I owe them something or that they work for me. This is obviously not true. They tried to electronically wire money from me. Fortunately enough this is where Bank of America comes into play, and why I'm such a big fan of theirs right now. They stopped payments on all of them! And called me right away so I could change information and heighten security on my account. I think I was a victim of identity theft, but also a customer who was satisfied. Of course I took all of the measures and actions that he suggested right away. I also made a mental note of how he handled the call. He did the following things right:

1. Told me how to verify that he was a valid Bank of America employee (call the BofA headquarters0
2. Told me what was going on
3. Told me what BofA had done (stopped payments)
4. Told me what I could do - helped me not feel helpless in this situation/came me a form of action

I'm so pleased with Bank of America right now, and myself. Each time I encounter a new situation, experience, or conflict and triumphant I know that I am another step closer to becoming the woman I want to be. The one who can handle these type of things on her own, stay calm, and keep a positive outlook! I feel more like an adult. Plus, my money is safe. Boy am I glad I answered my phone.

On a side note, I also left the office in a timely fashion today and did not head to the warehouse because I wanted to get over to the bank. As this is the case I am currently planted on the couch, soon changing into that oversized t-shirt and boxers, and waiting for my bbq chicken pizza in the oven to be done. Mmmmm. It's calling my name now. Tonight is about rest, relaxation, and a bit of organization before my path takes me to DC.

All in a good day's work.

Now where's that pizza?

No comments: