Friday, June 09, 2006

Viam Sapientiae Monstrabo Tibi

I'm back in Chicago for my graduation. It's kind of funny since I actually was finished at Thanksgiving time in 2005. But I'm back and ready to celebrate this occasion with my friends and family. It's good to be back and walk the streets of Lincoln Park, Chicago. For those of you who have never been to Lincoln Park it's a small section of Chicago located 2.5 miles off of Lake Michigan. It's home to DePaul University (my almamater and is one of the quaintest neighborhoods of Chicago. My apartment (previous one) actually backs up to a cobblestone street. I pretend it's in England. Large red brick homes make up the sidestreets along with lots of cherry blossom trees, and old lady homes with large front porches and unique stain glass fixtures.

I flew into O'hare yesterday afternoon and my best friend in the world - Kate - picked me up. We made our way back to Lincoln Park where I had the chance to run into old friends, and see my old stomping grounds. Then Brooke (my other roommate) and I went to our School of Education Honors Convocation to celebrate our undergraduate status and gpa. Yes, I am proud to say that I did kick butt and work hard in college (as rare as that may be) and will be graduating with honors Cum Laude.

Parents calling, friends around, lots going on right now. I'll be sure to update with pictures later!

Next on the graduation agenda: Bacculerate Mass. This is a special mass held for the students of DePaul's graduating class. We all walk in a processional, in our gowns, and enter the church together. It's a special mass to celebrate this new beginning and bestow special blessings. My family (lots of them) are on their way right now. I'll be sitting next to some of the most important people in my life today. I am very thankful for all of the support my family and friends have given me throughout my college and now professional career. God has given me many wonderful blessings. Today and tomorrow will mark the closure of my undergraduate career, however, I will never be done with learning. As DePaul's emblem quotes:

"Viam Sapientiae Monstrabo Tibi" I will show you the way of wisdom.





No comments: