Thursday, November 16, 2006

Entrepreneurship in the Classroom


CNN: Entrepreneurship University. Entrepreneurship is quickly becoming the latest trend. Everyday I see more and more newspapers hosting articles talking about the ins and outs of entrepreneurship. Looks like the next thing to hit will be entrepreneurship education. I think this article raises a good question though, can entrepreneurship be taught? I think we will see more and more certificate, business, and MBA programs alike launch entrepreneurship programs. I’d be interested in assessing how successful these programs are in creating entrepreneurs. One of the schools I’m looking at for my MBA offers a program in innovation and entrepreneurship. I’d love and am planning in the long run to set up my own business, and wouldn’t it be great to learn from seasoned entrepreneurs on how to raise venture capital, gain investors, and what worked and what really bombed. Learn from experience, it’s always been my motto.

No comments: