Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reflection

Thinking about business. It's from the gmat and the numbers taking over my head....

What I'm thinking about tonight is the wonderful examples I've had in my life. I have a few memories flashing through my head right now as I vere away from my studies to reflect upon other such things.

Opa - Self taught in refining metals, sponsored from Germany, started his business from the ground up and was successful. But not only was he good at business, but he's good at love and balancing life. For when I think of Opa I think of his soft smile, and hands that held mine when they'd get so cold. I think of the way he's lived his life through a great faith in God and a great love for his wife and family. This is true success. This is truly what I pray for.

Mom - Learns from experiences, and extremely positive attitude and outlook on life. A very hard working woman who managed to balance a demanding career with raising two children. This has been a great thing to learn from. She's exceptionally intelligent and someone who has had one of the greatest impacts on my life. She's constantly seeking to learn more and help more. And at age 50 she's heading up a innovative career and truly leading others. Go Mom!
The best thing ever is, to have my Mom on your side, you've got quite a powerful force.
...My mom and I happen to be very similiar. It's crazy when we are together!

Prof. Pinnix - Someone who truly offered me the gift of humbleness. Being one of the smartest individuals I knew, he had a gentle and soft nature about him that caused you to be attracted to him. I'll never forget when we saw each other after a year had gone by, and he ran up to me and hugged me and told me it was so great to see me. It was Jack who believed in me when I was a mere 20 year old, believed that I would change the world with my energy and that it was only a matter of time. He called me the energizer! From him I see the world differently, and with a compassion to inspire and move others.

This is where I will leave off for tonight. There are many others I've been blessed to share my path with, and share in my journey. And to all of them out there, wherever they may be, may they feel the resonance of my gratitude.
Signing off,
ETM

No comments: