Monday, November 06, 2006

Illinois' Race: Election 2006



I got my vote in, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to do it from my current residence. I'm not too keen on our choices for IL Governor, but I guess you take what you get.

Blagojevich - He wound up in some infortunate cirumstances and is under corruption investigation by Patrick Fitzgerald. Given what happened with the former Governor Ryan and investigations, this is really hurting his campaign. He also took a lot of money away from state education last year which I'm not very keen on. Examining his historical record I don't see him fulfilling or having much success with his promises on cutting taxes, yet boosting budget spending towards education.

Topkina - She's considered the moderate republican, which today is somewhat rare. However, she seems to sit on the fence when it comes to certain issues like abortion and gay marriage. It may work to her advantage since she may capture more independent voters, and also for those who don't want see to Blagojevich back in office, this is the really only other viable option.

We'll see how tomorrow turns out. On a personal note, I'd be much more interested if it were a senate race.

No comments: