Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Almost as good as dark chocolate and...

There's something satisfying and completly wonderful about coming home at the end of a day and feeling exhausted. That's where I was tonight. Perhaps it's the working out, my muscles tired from growing so strong. Perhaps it's that I put in a good day's worth of work. Either way, it was almost as good as having someone play with my hair while being fed small copious amounts of dark chocolate by candle light. mmm

Since it's cold here, or at least that's what my internal temperatures were registering when I walked into my beach house, I slipped into my soft green cotton sweatshirt and favorite pair of jogging pants lined with cotton. It took effort to make some dinner, before I finally resorted to my bed and crawled in with my latest love child, "The Secret Life of Bees" by Susan Monk Kidd. I read two chapters before the sweetest slumber rolled over my body and caressed it with light kisses. From my head to my toes, every single inch of me was warm and weighted and oh so relaxed. I drifted off into a sleep, and woke up to a vibrating phone by my bedside and to my delight realized it was only 8:30pm. Another few hours of this satiable slumber.

It's almost better than chocolate and...nah.

p.s. my new favorite quote "you're 32 years old and you've achieved what. Jesus Christ was dead and alive again by 33; you better get crackin' " Courtesy of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

1 comment:

Hepzibah The Watchman said...

I wanted to comment on your writing. Your style washes over the reader like a gentle wave warmed in the sun. I enjoyed myself here and thank you for sharing.

May God bless you, indeed.