Monday, February 26, 2007

Since I Can't Allow Myself to Sleep at 8pm

It was a great weekend at home, in the snow, and with the family. You can't ask for much more then the baked apple pancakes in the morning, and a small snowman in the front yard. Okay, so I did do a donut around the neighborhood in Mom's Cadalliac, before I went to pick up the milk. Not too shabby.

I think the second half best part of this trip will be the post trip sleep. After getting delayed at O'Hare for 2 hours, and sitting on the tarmack we finally took flight. When I arrived, I had to wait an additional 30 minutes, while my roomate got stuck in traffic. I honestly looked like a little homeless girl, sitting on the floor, against the bench, and my Columbia jacket over my legs. (I know who's cold in Florida...me). I was so tired. I think the rest of the passengers, who were upright, and claiming their baggage thought I was slightly crazy, I prefer unique and have poor circulation at times.

One thing I did learn from this - nothing beats having a good book, some fine chocolate in tow, and water for company. For now, I'll shed my Columbia jackets for my Spring dress and look forward to Cherry Blossoms in DC, of course my silk pajamas come in a close second right about now.

No comments: