Tuesday, April 10, 2007

she likes it rough

When I tend to not have time to workout I pretend to do funny stretches and yoga in my hotel room or bedroom to keep me flexible. The kind where you lift your leg over your head and then bend it backwards. So yeah. But the thing I really hate is when you get knots in your neck and back. It keeps a girl up at night.

So when this happens, I'm not one who runs down the street to get a massage, first and foremost the thought of having some person I don't know run their hands over my body while I'm not clothed...it just kinda freaks me out. Especially if the massuse were a male. (yeah im conservative, even been called prissy, but don't get any ideas). its my midwest upbringing.

This being said, someone in my office, another female volunteered one morning in DC to just give me a little back massage as I was working at the desk. It felt good, and as my shoulders were getting a rub down I thought to myself, ow this hurts a bit. Blamed it on the knots. But the other morning when I had just gotten out of the shower, I squinted a bit to notice a small blue smudge mark in the reflection of the mirror, between my shoulder blades. Ow! I said as I pressed it to see what was up. I turned back and forth, taking stock of the beating I’d received for the sake of a small massage. Then I smiled the smile of a very satisfied customer and got dressed for work.

I always did like it a little rough.

No comments: