Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Tiny Monster, and the Confident Woman

I am happy and back in Florida. Sun's shinning through my blinds right now as I wake up.

I was so blessed these 3 weeks. I learned a very important lesson, one that I would not have learned if it hadn't been for my job and it taking me to DC.

Going to DC I thought I had already made my decision about grad. school, but after spending some time up there, looking at apartments, and then receiving some news on DePaul my mind was a bit frazzled and well - overwhelmed.

Talking to some good friends (blessing #2 of the day) and talking with myself I realized that I was letting some little monster called fear get into me.

Eventually with all the talking I was doing about school I realized a few things:
There was a reason I left Chicago after I graduated, a reason that I moved to Florida. And it was because I did not feel like Chicago was the place where I wanted to settle down, that I was not ready to settle down and that I wanted more. More experiences, more networks, more learning. For me, that meant I had to take myself out of my usual element. (hence chi-town to fl move).
Well I'm in the same boat again, and so I came to the question - why would I go back to Chicago if I knew I wanted more, and that it wasn't the place for me to rest my bones. Exactly.

I mean, I would be very frusturated with myself if I ended up going back to DePaul only to find that out again. So I visited a class, met with my advisor, and have been seriously pursuing the DC apartment search. *i think i've found one* (should know this afternoon). Keep you posted, also send a few prayers up that I get this job I'm interviewing for at AU on Friday.

I'm ready to venture somewhere knew. I'm excited and refreshed about the idea. And I look forward to taking all of you there with me.

So thanks friends and thanks life for helping me to realize that I need to keep going, and to let that confident woman (see picture below, note big smile) emerge even more, and tell that tiny monster fear to take the backseat.

No comments: