Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tragedy or Comedy? You Choose.

The thing to determine conclusively is whether you are in a comedy or a tragedy. Life has to be one or the other.
Have you met anyone who simply might loathe the very core of you?
If you answer: I'm an IRS agent. Everyone hates me.
Well, that sounds like a comedy!

or you might just make someone meatloaf and chocolate pudding, and know you are comedy.

But really - there are measurable differences in the tragedy hero and the comedic protagonist. The way each major character views, reacts, and thinks about life places you in one category or the other.

Each of us in the end boil down to either a "Tragedy" person or a "Comedy" person. It goes beyond taste in movies, but more in the way in which we approach life. In my comedic protagonist ways, I like to keep the plot moving along. I may suffer occasionally from lack of patience. Like right now and my need to move my butt up to DC.

But I also recognize being a comedic protagonist means believing that we can move beyond our human conditional flaws, that each person does want to do good (some aren't sure how), and that we can choose - choose our lives ultimately.

So the next time you feel down, ask yourself, is your life a tragedy or comedy? You can choose, and you can choose right now your next movement in plot.

No comments: