Monday, January 14, 2008

Some New Form of Love

I have a new fascination with my keyboard.  It was given to me as a gift by my Oma and Opa for my most recent birthday. I took piano lessons when I was back in middle school, but ended up having to stop because my teacher had a baby.  Instead of finding someone else, I think I took it as a chance for me to take a break.  Now when I look back, I stopped right when I was getting good.
Since graduate school classes don't start until tomorrow, I've had roughly a week of alone time with my keyboard. I wake up in the morning and want to play, need a break from working, and want to play, and especially at night after dinner instead of watching tv want to sit and play. Of course each of our definitions of playing may differ. But it feels as if I'm experiencing some new form of being in love.  Between me, my fingers, and those lovely keys.

The funny thing is that I don't even have sheet music right now.  I've been looking online, and placing the computer by my bed, or printing a few things out.  In addition, I've been learning Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven by listening to it on youtube and watching other pianists play. Rather funny approach I know.

All in all, it feels good to be picking the piano back up and continuing to develop another part of my personality - the musical side.  

No comments: