Saturday, July 28, 2007

Live Feed at LeadAmerica

Today at the Global Business & Entreprenuership conference that I coordinate for LeadAmerica, we tested out some new waters and brought in a guest speaker via Live Feed. I was super impressed by the MacBook technology and pretty much sold on purchasing one myself.

Below you'll find a quick recap of our speaker's presentation. Check out Acumen's Wanderings for more and a YouTube clip. Pretty neat stuff!

Business Mythbusters (aka 5 Misconceptions of Professional Life)
1. Entrepreneurs don't have bosses.
2. I've got a full social calendar, so I'm out the door at 5pm everyday.
3. Right out of college I'll make 100k, drive a new car, purchase a house and vacation in Europe.
4. If I only had an iPhone/Blackberry/laptop/venture capital/etc I'd be happy and succesful!
5. Life is fair.

Man v. Market (aka How to Separate Yourself from the Pack)
1. Learn to lead
through following.
2. There are more important things than salary.
3. Your reputation is your most valuable asset.
4. Think differently.
5. Always put the team first.

It's always engaging and fun to test out new channels for communication. I think this was the first time a conference has ever gone Live Feed! Very cool!

No comments: