Sunday, July 01, 2007

I cried tonight. For different reasons, but in the end it all comes back to one thing. I need to put the bags down and leave them, place them at God's feet, put them outside so dog's can live in them. Drive over them, maybe. Whatever that needs to be done so that no one has to carry around those bags anymore.

He didn't mean to give me those 2 bags so early or even at all, but I got them and held onto them tight. My arms got bigger and my heart was enlarged, but I still carried the bags even when it was cold. It's funny how they can become part of your existence. They don't feel like weight anymore and at one point they were comfortable. But they aren't comfortable and I bear a hefty price for keeping them in tow. They've been to Florida. But they aren't going to travel anymore. They've put on enough mileage, it's been decided, they are ready to retire.

So here you go God. Take these bags. I have no use for them anymore. Take them out of my arms. I don't want to hurt anymore, and I don't want anyone else to either. You're the only one that can lift them up now. So - here they are.

2 comments:

Philip said...

I've got a boat. We could drive them out to the middle of the lake and drop them there. God can pick them up from anywhere - he's God - and maybe you won't be tempted to pick them back up again if they're in 100 feet of water with the giant catfish.

Katinka said...

Found your site via Phillip's and bookmarked it right away.

This is a beautiful post, one that resonates with me :)