Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bikini Bliss.


During my lunch today I had to make a Target run, and the Target near my work happens to be a Super Target. When you go in there's an escalator and everything; it's almost intimidating.


I had to pick up some basic items like Draino (since I live by the beach, I manage to clog the drain with sand now and then, it's the price I pay for being a beach babe), a toothbrush as I conveniently left it in CL, and some car coolant. In my hot pursuit for these items, I wandered into the bathing suit section. "Caution," I told myself. Bathing suit sections have never been a play zone for me, but rather a massive nightmare made of lycra bikini halters, triangles, and sports tops. Somehow God made me not so proportionate. I seemed to have inherited a chest that doesn't equal my waist size, and therefore unless I can buy both parts separately the usual 32Cs just don't cut it. The only bathing suit that's ever really done it for me is from France, a purchase made on the island of St. Martin. Great....

Some women would sing their own praises at this discovery, but for me it can be uber frustrating and lead me to feeling like I want to either go pretend to be a 5'4 midget model for some Victoria's Secret catalog and put this "gift" to use, or donate some of the girls to some poor chic who needs a bit.

However, today we had a breakthrough. Thank you to SuperTarget. I picked up not just one, but two bathing suits that together totaled the same price I paid for my French bathing suit. Score! Additionally, it was fun to purchase a size 2 bottom with a large top. I showed that lycra monster who was boss. No less...it's a type of top I've never been able to wear before! It's black top (sexy) in banedeu style. (see pic. of model above.) I'm totally all over this workout/healthy thing for life! So here's to being two different sizes, and having to deal with a little extra on top when I run...or getting starred at by 8th grade boys...because... I'm feeling beautiful!

No comments: