Monday, May 14, 2007

Key Largo


Living in South Florida has provided me with quite the number of opportunities, but I have to say I was a very blessed girl to be able to take advantage of Key Largo this weekend.

The boy and I headed down there on Thursday night and enjoyed the landscapes and treasures that the tropics had to offer. Highlights included snorkleing off the coast via John Pennekamp State Park, seeing 3 Baracuda (!), and learning how to dive underneath the surface of the water. Yes, the boy happens to be a really great teacher - and his skills even extend beyond giving me directions and teaching me to dive. The reef was really cool, and the feeling of swimming among the fishes and coral was undescribable. Loved it, and I even have a snorkel to prove it. If you have a chance to go - you should.

Beyond a beautiful hotel, a bed so big you could get lost, and drinks on the balcony, the company was the best part. The political debate was rich and the laughter was plentiful. It was truly a great last goodbye and hoorah to Florida, and a great start to the next part of the journey.

No comments: