Friday, June 29, 2007

Film Review: Paris je t'aime

My first official weekend in my new city abode and I scouted out the local independent film theater. Delicious` Paris je t'aime could easily be one of the best films of the year in my mind.

Before I review watch the trailer below:



No before you give the excuses:
1) I'm not into love stories
2) French. The french, I'm not a fan.
or
3) Subtitles suck.

Note this: It was done by 18 international directors. Hosts a star studded cast including Natalie Portman, Sean Penn, Nick Nolte, Elijah Wood, Maggie Glyenhaal, etc.etc.

There are a total of 18 mini stories, one just as compelling as the next. They'd show one story, and I'd ask myself how it could possibly can any better, funnier, or morebeautiful...and it would. The beauty of this film is how it portrays love in so many different ways. Love for your children, romantic love, friendship love, sacrificing love, finding love, and humorous love!

Hint: There's a vingnette about two mimes that cracks me up. Or the one where a deaf guy falls in love and it races through his memories and it's all about how he listened to her music, and her screams (for different reasons) and her rehearse her lines.
Once you see it I can go into more details, but until then find a theater near you that's showing Paris je t'aime.

No comments: